Anthony Crolla thinks he did enough to take Darleys Perez's world title

Grimm

May 8, 2015
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony Crolla believes he did enough to edge the judges' scorecards against Darley Perez on a controversial and fiercely debated night in Manchester on Saturday.

The Mancunian returned from a long lay-off after injuries sustained when confronting burglars and seemed to have wrapped up a perfect evening's work, only for a majority draw to ruin his hopes.
The judges' inability to separate them meant the WBA lightweight championship stayed with the current title holder, much to the home fighter's annoyance, so a devastated Crolla called for a second meeting in the same venue.

"I thought I’d done enough to be world champion," Crolla said. "But Perez is a great fighter and I’m sure the Manchester crowd will want to see him back again – we’ll go again.
"I’m bitterly disappointed not to have the world title to take home with me.
"I thought I’d done enough but I won’t sit around crying. I got hit low throughout the fight but Howard Foster is a great referee who judged that how he saw it."
Anthony-Crolla-left-draws-with-Darleys-Perez-_3327011.jpg

The honours were shared, much to Anthony Crolla's disappointment

Perez, the Colombian champion, had two points deducted for separate infringements - both were illegal low blows in the closing stages after he had already been warned by Foster.
Eddie Hearn, Crolla's Matchroom promoter, insisted those two points should have guaranteed his fighter the victory and made it quite clear they will be pushing for a rematch as soon as possible.
"I felt he won the fight even without the deduction," Hearn said. "He controlled Perez with the jab.
"But with the two points deducted I can’t see how you don’t give that fight to Crolla. He’s been through so much – just to be in the ring is an achievement for Crolla and he deserves to be world champion.
"We will get Crolla, like when he was in hospital and nearly died, another world title shot."

[h=2][/h]