BBC’s “revealing” documentary about Kanye West released

root

Veteran
Dec 19, 2018
A new documentary about Kanye West has been released by the BBC which promises to reveal new insights about the rapper.

BBC Three and journalist Ben Zand’s 36-minute film, Searching for Kanye West, provides viewers with a “fresh and revealing portrait of one of the most controversial and influential artists of the 21st century, at a pivotal point in the life of ‘Ye'”.

Zand, who previously worked on R. Kelly: Sex, Girls, And Videotape, a documentary that looks into the artist’s sexual abuse charges as well as his upbringing, heads to Ye’s hometown of Chicago to speak to those who know him.

Read more: Distancing yourself from politics, Kanye? It’s too late, the damage is done
He attempts to get clarity on West’s recent controversies and also looks at the rapper’s mental health. On his trips to Chicago and Washington DC, Zand explains why West is now “going all out to show he doesn’t care what people think.”

Meanwhile, West has accused Ariana Grande of using his Twitter beef with Drake – and in turn his mental health issues – as a means to promote her new single.

He wrote on Twitter on Saturday (December 15): “I know Ariana said this to be cool and didn’t mean no harm but I don’t like even slightest level of slight commentary from someone I know loves and respects me.”

He continued: “All of this foolishness weighed on my mental health so @ArianaGrande you know I got love for you but until you’re ready to really make sure everyone’s ok don’t use me or this moment to promote a song.”