Warped Tour is returning for 25th anniversary run in 2019

root

Veteran
Dec 19, 2018
Vans Warped Tour will return next summer for a 25th anniversary special, its founder has revealed. Kevin Lyman Tweeted yesterday (December 17) that plans are in place to host a limited three-city run in the US in June and July 2019.

He wrote: “Plans are coming together for @VansWarpedTour 25th only thing I can say for now since many need to hold vacation dates are June 8 Cleveland, June 29-30 eastcoast, July 20-21 westcoast.”

Read more: RIP Warped Tour – a flawed rite of passage for old-school punks, metalheads and emo kids alike
The annual rock tour, which ran from 1995-2018, sold 11.5 million tickets in its 24-year stint.

The festival shared some other eye-popping statistics when it called time on the tours: 300,000+ miles driven and more than 1,000 different acts.

When Lyman announced in November 2017 that 2018 would be the tour’s final full-fledged run, he did plant the seed of an anniversary tour. “The enduring spirit of the Vans Warped Tour remains as bright as ever, continuing to inspire creativity and ambition in new and exciting ways as we prepare for a 25th anniversary celebration,” he said.

Linkin Park, Deftones, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Bullet For My Valentine, Limp Bizkit, Taking Back Sunday, 30 Seconds to Mars, Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, and more have headlined the tour over the years.