SeedBoxes.cc Review

liquidsnake

May 22, 2012
UK
819SB0.png

Summary:
Name: SeedBoxes.cc (they are not affiliated with SeedBox.cc)
Speed: 10/10
Support: 10/10
GUI: 10/10
Speed of GUI: N/A (more info below)
Package: 10Gbit/1Gbit
Price: 24.95 Euro/month
Overall rating: 10/10​

In Depth Review:
Plans:
SeedBoxes.cc offers two plan routes:

• NEW, Metered monthly data-cap, which sits on very capable hardware:
    10/10Gbit link (not a type-o),
    Dual Intel Xeon E5630's (2 x 4 x 2.53GHz physical cores + 2 x 4 @ 2.53GHz HyperThreading),
    48GB RAM,
    3TB disks (non-RAID).
  • Unmetered (don't know its exact hardware specs).

NEW, Metered
374SB1_A.png

Unmetered
114SB1.png

You can pay either month-by-month or up front. Those who subscribe to several months (up to a full 1 year) in advance would be treated to some nice bonuses, such as:

• Up to 10% discount on the overall amount.
  • Up to 2 Additional Tera Bytes to your monthly transfer cap.

Every SeedBox also comes with the following pre-installed:

• All current major Linux torrent clients: Deluge, r/ruTorrent and Transmission,
  • irssi (you can then install autodl-irssi on top of it).

Some more information regarding the metered-plans:

• Once you've maxed out your monthly data-cap, you'll still be able to transfer content to your SeedBox at your current plan's max speed.
    However, content transferred from your SeedBox will be limited to 7-10Mbps.
  • From what I've been told by staff, plans are currently being made to introduce in the coming weeks a way for all metered-plan members to purchase additional monthly Tera Bytes of bandwidth, should they max out their monthly data-cap.
  • Hosted on OVH France.

Speed:
I'm currently leasing the Vampire Box.
At 10Gbit/1Gbit, it all boils down to disk I/Os, and SeedBoxes.cc's new metered plans leave little room left to be desired.

Simply put, the speeds you'll be getting, provided you and those sharing the specific physical disk with you

• Aren't over-taxing your slice's hard-drive,
  • Managed to catch the swarm early,

...are amazing:

451Untitled_2.png

Though my Torrent client of choice is Deluge (thin-client mode), I've also tried out ruTorrent with around 115 active torrents (out of which Roughly 25 were actually seeding) - and the interface was very responsive.

Support
:
SeedBoxes.cc's support is currently ticket-system/Email only, and yet, the average ticket turn-around time during normal business hours (GMT +02:00) can usually be less than 10 minutes, and no more than 3 hours!

Responses are always thorough, courteous and leave absolutely 0 guess work on your part!

To top it all off, a new, slick support section covering many FAQs previously featured in their Wiki is also being finalized:
907SB3.png

SeedBoxes.cc's Website has been put through a MAJOR overhaul during the past few days, and now includes a new Client Area which enables you to control all basic and intermediate aspects of your SeedBox:
866SB2.png

GODFATHER

• BiG BoSS •
Staff member
Sysop
May 18, 2012
Ti.Net
torrentinvites.net
Looks cool and cheap too.
Thanx m8

Corsaire1985

Nov 4, 2012
Definitely one of the most competitively priced services out there judging from the screenshots.... I think that this would be an excellent way for inexperienced seeders to affordably familiarize themselves with seed-boxes. :)

samsung00

Advanced Member
Trusted
Jun 1, 2012
found cheaper and faster box's than this one and used this service before its a good seedbox but if you look around well enough is more out there cheaper and faster....but nothing wrong with this seedbox either.

freesoul

Advanced
Dec 22, 2012
found cheaper and faster box's than this one and used this service before its a good seedbox but if you look around well enough is more out there cheaper and faster....but nothing wrong with this seedbox either.

Could you please give an example of a better seedbox and the plan ?

albatar

Apr 15, 2015
I'm using this seedbox provider for a month and I'm really impressed by the performances.
It was difficult to find a better plan. The only cons for me is the limited bandwidth (3Tb/month for the cheaper offer) because it disappears quickly with a 10gb link.

Thapsus

Aug 22, 2020
Hi,
Just a little update to confirm that seedboxes.cc is going strong in 2020 :) I have their basic plan and I am 100% satisfied by their service. Speeds are very good and system very stable.
Recommended.

broly

Jan 24, 2021
There service is good but the prices are greater than the coemption. there are other provider who give more storage and cheaper price.

GT4

Oct 20, 2022
It is good company but it's a little bit more expensive than other seedboxes.

calamus

Jun 5, 2023
I've been using Seedboxes.cc since 2013. They've been solid since the beginning. They've had consistent customer support, they upgrade their services as expected, and their pricing has stayed consistent for a long time. Their included VPN service works well, and they also integrate with Plex nicely for me to stream my video/audio files. In 10 years with them now, I actually cannot recall them ever being down. I've never used a different seedbox company simply cause I've always been so happy with this one.