(iDonated)
May 22, 2012
| InTheShadow |
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
Hi TiZ Staff !

Well , I have A Suggestion For The Reviews Section
The Section Needs Many Reviews | Either To Be Updated For 2013 Or New Ones |

i suggest To Hold a Review Contest , To make as more Reviews As Possible !
Let The Prize Is Precious , Either an Invite / SeedBox , etc ....

i think it is the best way to make many reviews & Discover Good Members

& A Point For Promotion Of The Community , Make Rep Points | Ex . 20 Rep Points |
Or not to be Noob User , be an advanced one , etc ..
For Promoting TiZ in Blogs & Forums , Etc ...

What Do You Think of This Guys ?

Regards ,,,,
WTE

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in theory (I'm sure most people agree with this) all this is a good idea. In practice is it not because basically everything possible has been done to kick that section (which reached critical mass ages ago and that explains its slow pace) into gear and here's why something like that is a no go;

• Speaking as someone who has done a few reviews myself let me tell you that doing a proper tracker review is a lot of hard work (i.e. not just slapping a bunch of unedited screenshots together or ripping it off from God knows where) and only a very limited amount of people are willing to put in that much time and effort.

• As far as updating reviews goes; in 90% of cases it is not needed and neither are the year tags as trackers do not change that much (if ever, some didn't change even a bit for over eight years) unless it is a poorly done or horribly outdated review.

"But.. but TF, it is a good idea!"

Yes it is, but there is a very big difference between suggesting and/or agreeing with an idea, and actually doing it all.

WithTiredEyes

| | DarK SiDeS | |
Staff member
Super Moderators
(iDonated)
May 22, 2012
| InTheShadow |
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
Well , your words are even right !

but why to kick this section & it's already Exist ?
Good Forums that are having Good members that are doing great work in almost GAs & Reviews . < That's A Powerful Forum !

i know that a proper Review needs alot of hard work , So why we couldn't Give just a Try ?

yh , it's true that many trackers don't change that much , so no problem about them , at the moment
but it's better to have a newly updated review , even in the tracker's Stats & Style , etc ...

BTW , the same Suggestion of the contest , maybe Applied on GiveAways

i know , it's very hard to be practically done . but Step by Step ,
everything will be normally ..~

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you misunderstood the kicking into gear bit; I was referring to quite a few of different ways which have been attempted to create more activity in that section during my absence and some of those were more appealing than a tracker or seedbox prize, and all attempts so far produced nothing but a handful of poorly done and/or ripped off reviews, if anything at all. As far as updating goes lets take my own reviews as an example; out of the 25 or so reviews I did not even one needs a update even with several being a year old; things just don't move that quick, not even tracker styles. Sometimes reviews seriously do need a update and that usually does happen by replacing a outdated and/or obsolete review. We agree on the biggest problem with all this; the actually doing it all and that's something which is not easily solved, which is partially due to that section having reached critical mass as I said before and just replacing reviews just for the hell of it without a very good reason is not something we do. I will discuss the matter with GF soon if he doesn't reply himself but don't get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.