Radio Player

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted some funky tunes to listen to while reading your favourite forum? Well you could use this; we might come up with a better way of implementing this soon and consider this just a early test. Currently besides custom BB code, it was also implemented as a toggle switch which can be found just below the ShoutBox and we might screw around with this a bit more soon or wait until we finally make up our minds, vBulletin version and theme wise. Update; since we did settle on vBulletin versions as well as fully upgrading the template, it allowed for deeper integration of the radio player and a heavily optimized as well as customized version can now be found on the main forum its sidebar to the right; if anyone wants any more radio channels feel free to let us know.

Spidey

Veteran
Aug 10, 2012
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently besides custom BB code, I also implemented it as a toggle switch which can be found just below the ChatBox. We might screw around with this a bit more soon or wait until we finally make up our minds, vBulletin version and theme wise.

Very handy that way and the music is a welcome addition, great work!

bianca

Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you pop for me all day long, thank you tactical
BeatingHeart.gif

Spidey

Veteran
Aug 10, 2012
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love it! Would it maybe be possible to add a extra hard rock station and some 1960s, 1970s and classical stations?

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love it! Would it maybe be possible to add a extra hard rock station and some 1960s, 1970s and classical stations?

Done, added these five stations and although Hard Rock is a rather broad category this should cover it;

Rock Radio 1 - Featuring Hard Rock & Heavy Metal
Radio Nostalgia - Featuring 1960s music
Super 70s - Featuring 1970s music
Venice Classic Radio - Classical
Radio Mozart - Classical

Submarine

Jul 4, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although this is a stretch of a request would it be maybe be possible to also add grunge and punk stations if they exist?

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although this is a stretch of a request would it be maybe be possible to also add grunge and punk stations if they exist?

Done, added both genres under the radio player its main categories as well as added an alternative; Sabotage Radio.

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated several core elements of the player to include more translations, better metadata support, more stable connections to OGG and AAC streaming, support for mobile devices as well as forking it to include several more optimizations and customizations. Reconfigured a dozen or so of the main category radio stations as the main servers providing those streams had prolonged reoccurring DNS issues for a while now and this will prevent that from happening again; let us know if something does not work for a period of time and I'll look into it, thanks.

Epic

Advanced
Mar 24, 2014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated several core elements of the player to include more translations, better metadata support, more stable connections to OGG and AAC streaming, support for mobile devices as well as forking it to include several more optimizations and customizations. Reconfigured a dozen or so of the main category radio stations as the main servers providing those streams had prolonged reoccurring DNS issues for a while now and this will prevent that from happening again; let us know if something does not work for a period of time and I'll look into it, thanks.

Did you add support for quicktime?
i cant play from my ipad. :(

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add support for quicktime?
i cant play from my ipad. :(

The mobile devices support bit is referring to HTML5 and still is in a early stage of development so eventually iOS devices should work as well; Android based devices work just fine already by the way as they support Flash but that's not what you want to hear.. :p