Forum Upgrade

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With today's update to vBulletin v4.2.1 and a updated template to go with it, a lot of things got improved under the hood mostly but there are also various features built-in now which were previously manually or only partially integrated before. One example is the members who visited today list at the bottom of the forum which we used for years as a 3rd party plugin and which is now built-in. Another good example is a multitude of expandable social bookmarks at the bottom of every post or thread (instead of only a Facebook link at the top) and another example is a fully integrated video player which replaced the old YouTube custom BB code which besides YouTube supports Hulu, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google and Facebook. The same style video tags (as well as image tags) can be now be used in member signatures as well, and a full list of new features include much more, but is all pretty technical but available if anyone is interested.

Reactions: bianca and Dynamic

CZero

Aug 6, 2012
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff! I know how hard all this is as I tried to set up a forum before and it only gave me a headache :D

bianca

Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for all your hard work tactical fury
BeatingHeart.gif

reuma1

Advanced
Apr 3, 2014
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing work, well done

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we were able to transition from the old vBulletin v4.1.x codebase and modifications towards v4.2.1 succesfully, the very latest v4.2.2 version of vBulletin was applied to ensure future PHP compatibility for years to come.

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated to the very latest patch level (which is how minor revisions and bug fixes are indicated by vBulletin Solutions, Inc) to reflect on recent changes made to the major revision codebases, which basically covers and includes preventive security updates; please let us know if anyone experiences any issues, thanks.

GODFATHER

• BiG BoSS •
Staff member
Sysop
May 18, 2012
Ti.Net
torrentinvites.net
Rating - 100%
278   0   2
Thanx alot TF, good job my friend :)

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And again a patch level type of a minor revision was applied to keep current, which basically covers mostly the same things as the previous one; please let us know if anyone experiences any issues, thanks.