What were your favourite movies of 2020?

bird-of-steel

Dec 29, 2020
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are a few of the notable releases this year and my own feelings on them:

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - This is honestly one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I love it. My own best film of 2020.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga - It's no critical darling, but I thought it was very fun to watch.

Sonic the Hedgehog - I would expect this to be a great movie for kids, but it was very dull viewing it as an adult.

His House - I did not care for it very much. Strong start, disappointing ending. Maybe more to do with my expectations going in, though, since I had been hoping for a proper horror movie and it's really more of a character drama with a bit of creepy imagery tossed in.

Wonder Woman 1984 - This one is quite divisive, but I enjoyed it. I think the DCEU learned the right lessons from Aquaman's success in 2018. They didn't waste time asking if Wonder Woman lassoing a lightning bolt made sense. The only thing they needed to ask was whether it would look badass.

Sowned

Dec 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You forgot Tenet - Really an impressive movie and you just sit back after movie to realize what exactly happened. Christopher Nolan never disappoints :cool:

Reactions: bird-of-steel

bird-of-steel

Dec 29, 2020
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't watched Tenet yet, but it's sitting on my to-watch list. I've enjoyed almost everything Nolan has directed, so I really do need to catch up on it soon.