A$AP Rocky's Bond ambitions

Grimm

May 8, 2015
90928.jpg

A$AP Rocky can see himself as the next James Bond.

The American rapper is better known for his music and ex-girlfriends, including Iggy Azalea, but has recently turned his hand to acting with movie Dope.

Currently Daniel Craig helms the 007 role, but there's been much speculation that Idris Elba could be the next man of mystery. A$AP agrees Bond should be black, and has put himself up for the part.

"I'd like to see me as the next Bond. We need a black James Bond. I'd get the job done and I'll look better than any other Bond that has ever lived. All I need is a six-pack," he told the British edition of Esquire.

A$AP released his second album, At. Long. Last. A$AP, in May and it went straight to the top of the US and Canadian chart as well as making the top ten around Europe.

His path to the top hasn't been straight forward though, and with his brother a gang member and his dad a drug dealer, the 26-year-old briefly went down the wrong road.

"I sold drugs I'm not proud of when I was 15. As I got older, I was known for selling marijuana. I don't recommend heroin, crack, meth, Xanax, OxyContin or opium. Did I ever try crack? Hell no! Crack is like something out of The Lord of the Rings. Once you f**k with the Ring, it sticks with you," he outlined.

The singer has never been shy about saying what he thinks, and he caused a stir recently when he penned a song with explicit lyrics about Rita Ora after a brief fling they'd had.

However A$AP knows this attitude may get him in trouble.

"Sometimes you have your own truth, which might be different to how everyone else perceives things. For instance, I'm quite sure that it made a lot of sense to Kanye West to take that trophy from Taylor Swift [VMAs, 2009]. Only to him. You can be your own worst enemy. I say what I feel. That's going to come and bite me on the ass one day," he mused.