Are Destiny's Child reuniting?

HardRain

May 12, 2019
Destiny's Child have sent fans into a frenzy after changing their header on social media.

The girl group - comprising Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams - sparked speculation they are up to something after switching up the logo on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

The last time the girls were known to be together was in May, when an audio clip was shared by Michelle on Twitter featuring herself, Beyonce and Kelly talking to mark the release of Michelle's book 'Checking In: How Getting Real about Depression Saved My Life – and Can Save Yours'.

In the recording, Kelly revealed she was making a soup, prompting Beyoncé to spill: “I’m cooking some music. That’s Chef Boyardee and Chef Boy-Kelly.”

Beyoncé's last solo studio album was 2016’s ‘Lemonade’. Since that release her other musical projects have been the collaborative LP ‘Everything Is Love’ with her husband Jay-Z, the 'Black Is King' visual album and the soundtrack which she created for Disney's 2019 remake of 'The Lion King'.

The last time the 'Say My Name' hitmakers were on stage together was at Coachella in 2018, when they performed a three-song medley of 'Lose My Breath', 'Say My Name' and 'Soldier'.

Meanwhile, Beyonce's latest update came last week when she promised that "music is coming" after she spent a "year and a half" in the studio.

The 39-year-old R&B superstar revealed that she spent much of the COVID-19 lockdown locked away in the studio laying down new tracks and now as the world re-opens after the worst of the pandemic she cannot wait to unveil her songs to her fans.

She said: "With all the isolation and injustice over the past year, I think we are all ready to escape, travel, love, and laugh again. I feel a renaissance emerging, and I want to be part of nurturing that escape in any way possible. I've been in the studio for a year and a half ... Yes, the music is coming!"

The 'Halo' hitmaker has been grateful for the time that the coronavirus quarantine has afforded her as an artist because she is such a perfectionist when it comes to crafting her songs.

She explained: "Sometimes it takes a year for me to personally search through thousands of sounds to find just the right kick or snare. One chorus can have up to 200 stacked harmonies. Still, there's nothing like the amount of love, passion, and healing that I feel in the recording studio. After 31 years, it feels just as exciting as it did when I was nine years old."