Donny Osmond to have vocal cord surgery

Grimm

May 8, 2015
Donny-Osmond.jpg

Donny Osmond is headed to Boston but it's no vacation. He is scheduled to undergo vocal cord surgery.

According to a statement on the singer's website, doctors, who were examining Osmond for recent hoarseness, discovered a polyp on his right vocal cord which requires removal.

Dr. Steven M. Zeitel of Harvard Medical School and Director of Laryngeal Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital will perform the operation. Zeitel has performed similar surgeries in the past on Adele, Sam Smith and Lionel Richie.

The operation means that September shows scheduled for Osmond will be rescheduled; however, there are no plans at this time to postpone the October performances of the Donny and Marie show at the Flamingo in Las Vegas.

Osmond took to his Facebook page to thank fans:

I'm sure many of you have heard by now that I'm having surgery on my vocal chord.

I want to thank all of those who have left Facebook comments and Tweets with your concerns, thoughts and prayers on my behalf.

Rest assured, I'm in very good hands. Dr. Steven Zeitels is considered the best in the world. He's helped artists like Adelle, Sam Smith, Lionel Richie, John Mayer and so many others get back on stage with amazing success. He has assured me that I'll be ready this fall when we start back up in Las Vegas.

Thank you once again for your concerns.

Sincerely,

Donny