Mahone: Becky G split was due to schedules

MaLiFiCentTIZ

May 23, 2015
Austin Mahone is still 'super close' to ex Becky G.

The 19-year-old singer has been dating 18-year-old singer Becky for the past five months.

But on Tuesday, the Dirty Work singer confirmed rumours that he and Becky have ended their romance.

However, Austin insisted the break-up was entirely amicable and the pair are still good friends.

"We actually kinda broke up a few days ago, just 'cause we're so busy traveling and all that," Austin told Entertainment Tonight.

"We thought it was just kinda best if we just chill for a second, but we're still super close. We're close friends."

While many exes end their professional relationships when their personal ones terminate, Austin and Becky will continue to collaborate.

And Austin is keen for his former girlfriend to feature on his upcoming debut record.

"I think she'll definitely be featured on the album," he said. "Like I said, we're still close and I've produced and written some songs that we've done."

While Becky has featured on Austin's music, he also recently appeared in the video for her single Loving' So Hard.

Meanwhile, Austin also has his heart set on another celebrity duet to appear on his forthcoming record.

But he knows his dream collaboration may not happen.

"I'm trying to get one with Chris Brown right now,' Austin said. "He's one of my favourite artists so if I could get that, that'd be amazing."

While Austin is keeping himself busy promoting his new single, he also found time to party alongside Kylie Jenner as she turned 18 over the weekend.

And he admits he was slightly stunned when Kylie's boyfriend Tyga gifted her with a luxurious white Ferrari for her big day.

"I think she crashed it, too, which is pretty crazy," Austin said. "I saw that on Twitter. I was like, 'What?!'"

Kylie later denied that she had crashed the vehicle.