Major issue that I stumbled upon in Waffles.

capetaben

Apr 22, 2015
I have a slow internet connection about 50kbps Download speed and 25 kbps Upload speed.

Waffles is very strict and I new there. I started downloading a 400MB file than at 4%, I realised to get help from you guys. What if there are no leechers for a particular file? If I downloaded it than I should upload it too to acquire the required ratio. There are 7 seeders for that file and zero leechers. Wouldn't it take forever to get the desired ratio without spending a penny on seedboxes?

Need Help, thanks.

taz

Elite
Trusted
Apr 12, 2013
My opinion,
with your Upload Speed probably yes cause when you download something if you have low Upload speed you may upload nothing or much much smaller compared if you used a seedbox/faster connection and the are leechers in that torrent.

capetaben

Apr 22, 2015
If I upload a file 1 for a while than stop it after couple of days than that would increase my upload count.

Now when I finish downloading another file 2, my share ratio is lower than what it should be and I stop seeding.

Would the private tracker accept this? To elaborate, would my uploading of file 1 be counted to compensate for the seeding I stopped when I downloaded the file 2?

Last edited:

taz

Elite
Trusted
Apr 12, 2013
Uploading probably will help I am not a member of Waffles so I do not know the exact Rules
Good Luck

Valparaiso

Feb 21, 2015
I can share my personal experience with Waffles. It is really very difficult to go without a seedbox there to maintain your ratio. I have an upload speed of 50-60 Mb after half a year of being a member I have uploaded only 3 GB. Downloaded only freeleeched staff picks, no risky downloads. Just recently they were having freeleech for 3 days. I have used the opportunity and downloaded the freshest releases. Thanks to this I managed to reach the upload level of 60 GB. What I noticed that as soon as a new release is there, there are too many leechers immediately downloading it. I guess there are automatic seedboxes and lots of them. I have uploaded my personal releases. No use, as soon as the first seeded appears you lose your owner's advantage at once. So sitewide freeleeches and seedbox are the only effective tools for a newbie there. Good luck!