Sheeran: I want to find my soulmate

Grimm

May 8, 2015
90940.jpg

Ed Sheeran wants to find a relationship as solid as his parents'.

The 24-year-old singer is currently believed to be single after splitting from girlfriend Athina Andrelos back in March after a year of dating.
In a new interview, Ed admits he feels somewhat under pressure to settle down because his mother Imogen and father John are so perfectly suited.
'My parents are so in love it's ridiculous,' Ed told the Daily Mirror. 'I kind of look at it like pressure.
"They've cracked it and my grandparents cracked it ' but nowadays it's harder to find that. I hope to have kids.'
Ed has achieved huge success since releasing his first EP back in 2005. And he says that while it's amazing to have found fame doing something he loves, it is more rewarding using his success to help his friends and family.
'Being able to really pay my parents ' not just financially ' but being able to give them the things they wouldn't have ever dreamed of...,' Ed said.
"Seeing them going off doing their thing is probably the best thing that's come out of my career. They're going around the world and for me to see that is great.'
The redheaded singer has had a huge month this month after selling out three solo gigs at London's world famous Wembley Stadium.
But he admits that he didn't agree to the shows for the wage, but more for the honour of taking to the stage in such a prestigious venue.
'I'm not really doing big gigs for the money,' he said. 'I'm doing them because it's good to play Wembley.
'Not many people have played Wembley: If you look at the list, it's like Madonna, Eminem, Elton John, Queen... It's quite a small list so it's cool.'