Hi guys help please

snifferhann

Sep 9, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I have only ever used FTP server access, anyway I've done only this for about the past 10-11 years to download full dvd movies, tv etc. Anyway the guy I was buying from for the past 7 years has been closed down and I am looking for a new FTP server but the scene seems to of changed a lot since I was last into it! lol Anyway can anyone offer me or point me in the direction of a FTP server or tell me what the next best thing is please?

Only just joined this site but I have been a member on another site that was always good for this sort of thing since 2001 and also various European Satellite sites if anyone needs to check me out.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, welcome to TiZ snifferhann from the past indeed..

Although TiZ doesn't exactly focus on what you're talking about, it should at least point you in the right directions or should be able to offer you alternatives. You have several options; preferably you get access to topsites if you are familiar with those but that is easier said than done or you could make the switch over to BitTorrent trackers.

They are not exactly what you are used to (they usually do not have a direct link or mutual relationship with the scene) but some come pretty close and should at least fill that need for stuff gap. As far as BitTorrent trackers go, check out several of em in the review section on here and in your case especially have a look at this one; Link

snifferhann

Sep 9, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks TF, looks like its got everything I want. My only worries with torrents etc are the allowing of someone to use your pc to download stuff and where I am the internet speed is not the best and in the past torrents have slowed everything down but could be worth a go. Guess I need to check for sellers selling it?

Cheers

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of those trackers have their own set of rules but they are all pretty similar and you're looking for one which has a rule set that allows you to upload at whatever slow speed you have or configure yourself (so not to choke your internet connection) as long as you seed back for a certain period and SCC fits nicely into that category and covers what you are looking for.

People offer that tracker all the time and free invites to it regularly show up in the tracker giveaways section. You could wait for it to show up in that section but quickest way is to buy it and you could do a wanting to buy thread in the buyer's section and determine the best offers; some people will offer you a invite, others might offer you large buffered accounts.

snifferhann

Sep 9, 2013
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so is it a private website with links to what you want and download using a bittorrent client like BitLord or does it require specific software? Thanks again for your help by the way

Tactical Fury

• Fast & Furious •
Administrator
May 20, 2012
TiZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they provide a link to a .torrent file which you import into a client. As far as clients go, BitLord is a really bad choice as it is labelled as a client which cheats in several ways and as a result is banned in case of private trackers. The recommended client which is accepted everywhere is a older version of uTorrent, v2.2.1 to be exact and you can grab a clean copy here; Link