Snoop reveals morning spliff routine

Grimm

May 8, 2015
89264.jpg

Snoop Dogg starts his day with fruit and cannabis.

The 43-year-old rapper hosted his second annual 4/20 Wellness Retreat in Colorado last month. It's his way of encouraging his fans to stay healthy, although his take on what looking after yourself means is probably pretty different to most.

"Gotta start off the day lighting one up and eating some fruit. I also drink Cuca Fresca [a spirit and sponsor of the event] because it's fresh and all-natural," he told The Cut. "Cuca Fresca fits the term wellness because it's an organic liquor. I fell in love with the Caipirinha when I was in Brazil in 2003, and been drinking it ever since."

Like many exercise is part of Snoop's deal though, which is why it's handy that he coaches children at American football. He relies on his time with the kids to keep him in shape, as it demands a lot of running around.

The hip-hop star opened up more about the term 'wellness' too. It's all about doing what you need to help you feel your best, which is why he had fellow musicians A$AP Rocky and 2 Chainz performing at the event. In time he wants to bring his retreat to other cities globally.

"'Wellness' means taking care of yourself and making sure that you stay on top of the game," Snoop explained. "Cannabis keeps me feeling good and allows me to be more creative, which is important as an artist. You gotta keep feeling inspired. Weed relaxes you and opens your mind. It can also make you laugh, which is a great form of medicine.

"As I get older, I'm realising how important balance and sleep are to staying focused and energised."

To keep up to date with Snoop Dogg follow Music-News.com here.