What's new
Torrentinvites.net

Register to be part of a great torrent community and to find your desired tracker.

Spidertk News ( Closed Down )

Hell0o

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the latest news from Spider, and unfortunately it'll be the last.
This time I'm also going to give the name of the host, so that no-one else gets it upside down like we did.

2 years ago, we signed up for our first server with Flokinet, on which we set up the site.
After several months of work, we went live and everything was going really well.
Why Flokinet? Because they have a catchy advert, they're offshore of course, you can also personally encrypt the DBs, and you can pay anonymously in cryptocurrency.

A few months later, we took a second server with them, so that we could develop the site, and after a while, we stopped backing up the databases on our personal computers, and put them on a partition of the development server, in order to compensate for a crash of the online site server.
2 servers, different datacenters, we thought we'd run less risk than with a local backup of a computer that could also crash...

And everything was perfect until about a month ago.

Our 2 servers were suddenly suspended, and the Flokinet site asked us for a KYC (i.e. to prove our identity with a scan of both sides of an ID document, proof of address and a valid telephone number...).
However, it's clear from their sales site that this isn't required - quite the contrary, see the image below.

So we started to fight and argue, and after a fortnight, the servers were unblocked, but with one restriction: access via putty had a changed password, and we couldn't get our databases back.

We kept talking to them to get the password, and they said they'd give it to us, so we were pretty confident (and ready to go elsewhere in any case...).

Instead of finally getting this information, a few days ago the servers were suspended again, this time for no reason given, and our various calls for explanations received no response.
Finally, this evening, the complaint ticket was closed without further explanation.

We've spent weeks working on setting up the site, and the members have been there too, posting non-stop, only to have it turned upside down.
I highly recommend the Flokinet site!!! if you ever want them to ruin your work without explanation.

Morally, physically and financially, we're tired, so we won't be starting again from a clean slate, so SpiderTK is closing its doors for good.

Thank you to all those who, through their posts, their presence, their good humour and their time, have contributed to making Spider what it was. We apologise for leaving like this, but we can't do otherwise.

Long life to all those who can continue, and see you soon on other TKs. Those who feel orphaned should contact me privately, I'll give them the names of welcoming sites.