Viggo Mortensen To Lead Vietnam War Thriller ; True Story Two Wolves

GreekFire

Sep 18, 2021
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The Lord of the Rings actor Viggo Mortensen will play the lead role in Vietnam thriller Two Wolves. 63-year-old Mortensen made his feature film debut in 1985 Harrison Ford thriller Witness and has enjoyed a career filled with interesting and off-beat projects, and he seems to be continuing this trend.

According to reports, the Eastern Promises actor will play the lead in Two Wolves, which tells the story of a helicopter pilot branded a traitor for turning against fellow soldiers and halting the massacre of unarmed civilians in the village of My Lai during the Vietnam war. The movie will also star Get Out actor Caleb Landry Jones and is written by two-time Academy Award nominee Anthony McCarten. Reports from Variety detail that documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney will direct, and he talked about his thoughts surrounding the upcoming movie:

“This is a film I have wanted to make for seven years. Now that I have the right team in place, we can tell this powerful tale. It’s a true story about how everyday people can become heroes, not through supernatural powers, but through a commitment to do the right thing in the worst possible circumstances... This is film about two men who fought back.”

Gibney is an Oscar winner for his 2007 Afghanistan war documentary Taxi To The Dark Side, and he clearly has experience making war movies. Vietnam was a popular category for Hollywood war films throughout the '70s and '80s, but these have become less common in later decades. However, there have been some notable recent movies to explore the Vietnam war, such as Spike Lee's acclaimed drama Da 5 Bloods.

Two Wolves will be introduced to buyers at the Virtual American Film market next week, but there is no release date as yet for the movie. With four movies coming in the next year, it seems unlikely that Mortensen will have the schedule to start this new project any time soon, and it feels unlikely that Two Wolves will enter production until at least 2022.