Calvin Harris can't stop Keeping Up with the Kardashians

Grimm

May 8, 2015
90900.jpg

Calvin Harris always gets sucked in when watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Thanks to his residency with the Hakkasan group in Las Vegas, plus his US girlfriend Taylor Swift, the Scottish DJ now spends most of his time in the States.

Calvin has noticed how different TV is across the pond; notably how US channels play the same episode of a show back to back, with no ad breaks.

"So you could sit there for two hours watching the same episode of [KUWTK] and not be quite sure because you're on your phone or whatever, or eating or chatting. So you can sit there for two, three, four hours having just watched one episode," he laughed to BBC Radio 1.

"It's like end of one scene, no credits, start of a new show. And you have to work out if it's the same one. And you're like, 'Does Kim know that girl from Cycle House? Are they mates?' And then you've been watching it for 20 minutes and you're in, you're sucked in."

It's not all about the Kardashians for the mega star; he's also one of music's most sought after collaborators.

He's worked with the likes of Ellie Goulding, Rihanna and Haim, but that doesn't mean he always says yes to fellow A-listers. Admitting he gets three or four collaboration requests a month, the 31-year-old knows when to decline.

"There have been people who have approached me with a song or an idea and wanted me to work on it, and I've been like, 'I don't think it's the right thing for you. I think it will make me look really good to work on a track with you, but as a fan of music I don't want to lead you down this road and I don't think it will be good for your career.' I've done that a couple of times," he revealed.