Miguel: I just don't care anymore

Grimm

May 8, 2015
91085.jpg

Miguel has decided to create his own normality.

The 29-year-old singer is currently in the middle of a North American tour to promote his new album Wildheart.

The record is his first release since 2012's Kaleidoscope Dream, and Miguel admitted in a new interview that it's not just his sound that has changed over the past three years.

'I just don't care anymore,' he told USA Today. 'I mean that in every way, not just music. I don't take things so seriously, it's just about having a good time, man, and doing what you love.

"You can arrive at this at any point in your life, once you figure out there's no such thing as normal. Once you figure that out, you're like, 'Oh, you just create your normality and no one can tell you otherwise.' "

Miguel has enjoyed a steady rise to fame over the past few years, and has teamed up with stars including Mariah Carey and Beyonce to write songs.

But when it comes to the rider on his tour, the singer is different from many of his peers and prefers sticking to a healthy backstage haul.

'It's my favourite waters, roasted almonds, seeds, snacks,' he said when asked about the contents of his rider. 'It's pretty much just healthy stoner food, like quinoa chips and salsa. I love fresh fruit, like pineapple, mango and apples. And then, of course, afterwards on the rider, there's tequila and vodka and whiskey. Those are also creative moments you want to be prepared for."