Nicki: Taylor beef was cleared swiftly

Grimm

May 8, 2015
91078.jpg

Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift have been "cracking up laughing" over their Twitter beef.

The hip-hop star and pop singer became embroiled in a war of words on the social media website this week following the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards nominees announcement. Nicki was furious her track Anaconda wasn't mentioned in the coveted Video of the Year category, calling out the decision online. Taylor thought the barbed comment was at her and hit back, causing a heated exchange.
Yesterday Taylor apologised, admitting she'd been in the wrong and hadn't realised Nicki was slamming the industry as a whole. Nicki accepted via Twitter and has now revealed the pair also had a discussion to clear the air.
"I spoke to Taylor Swift yesterday on the phone. She was super, super sweet and she apologised. She said, 'Look, you know I didn't understand the big picture of what you were saying, but now I get it, so we're all good,'" she explained on Good Morning America.
"So yes, we spoke for a long time. We were cracking up laughing on the phone. It's over, you guys! And I love you guys for supporting me. Thank you so much."
Originally Nicki fumed that she was bored of awards being filled with women with very slim bodies, with Taylor then calling her out for pitting women against each other.
In fact, the rapper was pointing out that Anaconda has broken records worldwide and sparked a social media frenzy, which she believes should have meant it scored a Video of the Year nod. Those who made it into the category are Beyoncé Knowles for 7/11, Ed Sheeran for Thinking Out Loud, Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar for Bad Blood, Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars with Uptown Funk and Kendrick Lamar's Alright.
It seems Nicki is now so over her spat with Taylor that she'd even be up for hitting the studio with the star.
"I'm sure we can. You know why? Because it takes a big person to do what Taylor did and everyone sometimes speaks out of turn, you know? I've been there. Sometimes we do things and we don't think right away or we don't investigate and then we just talk, so it was big of her to come out and say that," she said.
The hip-hop star reiterated that for her, the main point is for the media to start celebrating all body types rather than fixating on just one.