Andy Flower named head coach of St Lucia Zouks

Raven

Banned
Jan 9, 2020
TI.net
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Zouks is owned by KPH Dream Cricket Private Limited, who are also the owners of KXIP where Flower is the assistant coach © Getty

After his appointment as Kings XI Punjab's assistant coach for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League, Andy Flower now has been named head coach of the St Lucia Zouks for the 2020 season of the Caribbean Premier League. The Zouks last reached the knockout stages of the CPL in 2016.

"I am excited to lead and coach this team. I am a fan of the Caribbean Premier League and would love to be the coach to be associated with the team to bring victory home to the fans in St. Lucia," said FLower on Monday (March 9) after his appointment.

The ownership of the Zouks switched hands to KPH Dream Cricket Private Limited - the owners of KXIP - who bought the franchise last month. After naming Flower second to head coach Anil Kumble, they've handed him the top job in the CPL.

Satish Menon, Kings XI Punjab's CEO, said of Flower's appointment: "I am delighted to have someone of the caliber and eminence of Andy Flower; we sure look forward to a great season ahead. [sic]"

Flower was assistant coach for the England men's team before being named head coach in 2009 and held his position until 2014. Under him, England won an Ashes series home and away, the T20 World Cup in 2010 and were also holders of the No.1 spot in Tests in 2011.

Post-2014, he was handed the role of 'technical director of elite cricket' at the ECB which he stepped down from last year. Since then, he coached and led the Maratha Arabians to the title in the T10 League.