Billy Joel welcomes a girl

MaLiFiCentTIZ

May 23, 2015
Billy Joel is a dad again after welcoming daughter Della Rose Joel, his rep has confirmed.

The 66-year-old My Life singer and wife Alexis Roderick became parents together for the first time on Wednesday. Billy already has daughter Alexa Ray, 29, from his second marriage to model Christie Brinkley and is overjoyed to be a new dad once more.

Della was born at 2.40am in New York and weighed 7 lbs., 6.5 oz, the singer's representative confirmed to People magazine.
The couple originally shared their pregnancy joy with the outlet in April.

'I'm probably going to be able to spend more time with this kid than most people are able to spend with their children, because I don't have a regular job,' he added to Newsday. "I could be a stay-at-home dad for as long as I can stay alive.'
It's been a wonderful few months for the pair, as they tied the knot in a romantic ceremony at Billy's Long Island estate over the Fourth of July weekend.

'[They] surprised guests by exchanging vows in front of their family and close friends,' an insider told People.

Billy and the 33-year-old equestrian have been together since 2009. Alexis is his fourth wife, having previously been married to Elizabeth Weber Small, Christie and Katie Lee.