Dwayne Johnson Wants to Duet With Taylor Swift: ‘You Bring the Guitar, I’ll Bring the

Raven

Banned
Jan 9, 2020
TI.net
Dwayne Johnson Wants to Duet With Taylor Swift: ‘You Bring the Guitar, I’ll Bring the Tequila’

Samir Hussein/WireImage
Dwayne Johnson attends the "Jumanji: The Next Level" UK Film Premiere at BFI Southbank on Dec. 5, 2019 in London.

Dwayne Johnson lent his voice to Taylor Swift’s mind-boggling music video for “The Man” when the popstar transformed head-to-toe into the clip’s male antagonist and briefly spoke with The Rock’s distinct macho tone. Now, he’s prepared to collaborate with Swift on a more official vocal project.

“Congrats my friend! My pleasure to voice THE MAN,” Johnson tweeted today (Feb. 27) when the video was released. “What a transformation and more importantly, great message about women’s equality and the importance of straight up being kind and good to people.”

He continued with his proposal: “Next we sing our duet. You bring the guitar, I’ll bring the tequila.”

null
READ MORE
Watch Taylor Swift Manspread and Mark a Wall Standing Up in Mind-Blowing 'The Man' Video
It’s no secret he’s a Swiftie: In 2015, The Rock shook things up between him and competitor Jimmy Fallon on Lip Sync Battle with his performance of “Shake It Off.” And she definitely appreciates his solid allegiance.

“Gotta thank @theRock for voicing The Man and for being so supportive of my music for years (and now my directorial debut!)” she tweeted this morning.

Read Johnson’s affectionate message to Swift below.

Dwayne Johnson

@theRock
Congrats my friend! ????
My pleasure to voice THE MAN.
What a transformation and more importantly, great message about women’s equality and the importance of straight up being kind and good to people.
Next we sing our duet. You bring the guitar, I’ll bring the tequila
??? https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/st...34629461860353

Taylor Swift

@taylorswift13
Just sitting here pondering how happy I am that The Man music video is OUT. I want to say thank you to so many people- Gotta thank @theRock for voicing The Man and for being so supportive of my music for years (and now my directorial debut!)-

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
11:12 PM - Feb 27, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy
7,132 people are talking about this