Possible to share a what.cd account?

johnney5

Jan 3, 2013
Someone started a thread in the buyers section about wanting a what.cd account and it was noted by a member that if the ip on the account changes, you will likely be banned.

I've read on what.cd that when a 2nd IP logs in with the account, the IPs become linked. It doesn't really say anything about this being a bannable offense though. My friend and I have the same internet service provider (though I have DSL and my friend has fibre optics) and live in the same area - do you think we would be able to share an account without an issue, or is this really not a good idea?

Someone already said he will sell me an account for my friend, but it might be good for me to share my account for ratio reasons since DSL is very slow for uploading.

Thanks in advance.

samsung00

Advanced Member
Trusted
Jun 1, 2012
sharing selling trading a what.cd account is very risky....staff there are full on idiots i just chose to stay away from this tracker nothing but trouble.

Reactions: johnney5

GODFATHER

• BiG BoSS •
Staff member
Sysop
May 18, 2012
Ti.Net
torrentinvites.net
if you have same internet service provider then its ok :)

johnney5

Jan 3, 2013
sharing selling trading a what.cd account is very risky....staff there are full on idiots i just chose to stay away from this tracker nothing but trouble.

Thanks. You are right though, they are really strict about things...

if you have same internet service provider then its ok :)

Our hostnames are slightly different. Mine: *.east.verizon.net and my friend's: *.fios.verizon.net

Very difficult to determine if this would make a difference.

eRiCA

Dec 9, 2012
what.cd staffs are bloody idiots. but their trackers their rules.

better off an account stays with a single user. Any ip change may result in ban.sooner or later but a ban for sure.

Reactions: johnney5